• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Offering Data entry suggestions to users based on text entered if it is invalid

swetha690

Hi,

I am new to VBA Macros and to the forum as well. I have a problem with data collection using Excel. I have a pre defined list of over 600 entries that are allowed to be entered. However, I would like to offer suggestions to the user based on his input. I was thinking of using Arrays for this but I am not quite sure as to how to go about it. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Swetha

Hi, swetha690!

First of all welcome to Chandoo's website Excel forums. Thank you for your joining us and glad to have you here.

As a starting point I'd recommend you to read the green sticky topics at this forums main page. There you'll find general guidelines about how this site and community operates (introducing yourself, posting files, netiquette rules, and so on).

Among them you're prompted to perform searches within this site before posting, because maybe your question had been answered yet.

Feel free to play with different keywords so as to be led thru a wide variety of articles and posts, and if you don't find anything that solves your problem or guides you towards a solution, you'll always be welcome back here. Tell us what you've done, consider uploading a sample file as recommended, and somebody surely will read your post and help you.

And about questions in general...

If you haven't performed yet the search herein, try going to the topmost right zone of this page (Custom Search), type the keywords used in Tags field when creating the topic or other proper words and press Search button. You'd retrieve many links from this website, like the following one(s) -if any posted below-, maybe you find useful information and even the solution. If not please advise so as people who read it could get back to you as soon as possible.

And about this question in particular...

Surely there may exist many approaches to achieve your goal, but you haven't given any clue to help you. For suggesting something other than blind shots we'll need to know your workbook structure, where the white list is stored (and how and of what type of data), where the input will take place and upon what yet entered data suggestions for new data should be offered.

Better indeed if you consider uploading a sample file (including manual examples of desired output if applicable), it'd be very useful for those who read this and might be able to help you. Thank you. Give a look at the green sticky posts at this forums main page for uploading guidelines.

Regards!

Thanks for your response. I , sure must have elaborated on my question in a better way. Will definitely make a note of it. I have a different question and as per what I have understood from the forum rules, I will start a new thread.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Hi, swetha690!

Thanks for your understanding and goodwill, but if it's related to the topic title no matter if it's a different question. The idea and the spirit of that point is to don't mix different topics with questions not related between them and keep all a problem questions and variants within the same thread.

Regards!

Back