• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

New at VBA and macros need some assistance

DanMotill

Good morning, afternoon or night to who is ever on here, as it is morning in the states for me.
I will get to my thread topic after I ask a question
I am really interested in VBA and macros, am pretty good with excel in general, where is a good place to start to learn more about macros and VBA? I have been doing a lot of you tube videos lately, but is there another source?
Now to my post.
Attached is a spreadsheet for maintenance planning and scheduling that I have used for sometime now. I want to take it to a different level using macros to fill in the daily plans for the supervisors. There is a note on the first tab called Pmschedule that explains what I want to do.
Can anyone help me with the code? And since I am just learning, could you put comments in it so I know what it is doing?
Thanks everyone for the help.

Attachments

• KLG Maint Planning with headcount vba v2.xlsm
    551.4 KB · Views: 5
DanMotill
Before even try to think any code or so ...
How many sheets can You see in one time? = One sheet or more than one?
Do You really need own 'Supervisor'-sheet for every weekday?
If same layout for every weekday ... then one 'Supervisor'-sheet would be enough.
There are also many many formulas ... those could handle by code.

thanks for the reply, yes it needs one supervisor sheet for each day, as I mainly work in 24/7 operations, so days run into nights etc..So the sheets would be printed out for the week so the different supervisors would all have the same schedule to work off of. The main body of the pmschedule sheet is for a download from there CMMS, and I am only trying to get that info onto the daily supervisor sheets. All the formulas I don't want to mess with right now..thanks again

DanMotill
If You cannot see more than one sheet in one time
... then ...
You won't need or actually cannot use more than one 'Supervisor'-sheet.
Seems that You would like to do same work for seven times
... then hopeful, someone else would assist You.

No I don't want to do same work 7 times..I would like to be shown 1 time with comments and then I can do it myself..but found someone else already but thanks

Back