• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Neural Network formula forecasting/prediction on excel?

Harry0

Has anyone tried it?

I see some examples stated online for excel but I still dont get it.

would a simple binary input work best or a range of patterns or numbers?
Thanks

Hmm? I think you are confusing things a bit.

ANN (Artificial Neural Network) is a machine learning algorithm.

And it does not come as standard in Excel. You'll either need to create your own model or write a code. Alternately... integrate R or Python packages into Excel (though there may be other ways).

One commercially available example using R package integration is from XLSTAT.
https://help.xlstat.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2910259-neural-networks-in-excel?b_id=9283

Below is excellent article on machine learning model without use of code.
https://medium.com/excel-with-ml/ma...adsheets-part-1-gradient-descent-f9316676db9b

Was that simple for you? since that went over my head.
It has too many things going on with too many countries which is confusing, despite impressive..
Even the code is confusing.
But a simpler input would have been a better example with a long list of binary or just numbers.

He has some references in the download example excel file which ok but still lost.
Thanks

Thanks. It is smaller to get a better grasp but still not so simple for me despite easy for you and probably others.
The node is a cool idea how its done with 1/0 the rest got too technical and limited.

Plenty of columns do not have a explanation in why iy does iy and I seem to get errors on 2nd tab..

I just changed the input to have 3 digit numbers and specify if it was higher than 4 individually. narrowed down the rows to 700 to upload.
but still i dont see it predicting and it just shows a jumble of numbers.

not as simple as plug and play to input numbers and it predicts a degree of what will come.

thanks anyway

Attachments

• 3 digit predict.xls
    858.5 KB · Views: 24
Back