• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need to unregister inactive users after 60 days

DJ

Hi,

We have issued few licenses to users and they need to utilize them within 60 days. If any user doesn't use it within specified time period, need to unregister that perticular user.

I want to apply a conditional formatting or any other kind of indicator which should inform me if time limit is crossed and license is not utilized. Is there any way to apply a count of 60 so that I can identify such users.

Currently I have inserted a helper column and have applied a formula "=today()-registeration date". However, it is not helpful coz the day I prepare report, above mentioned formula is giving some other count and next day will give other count(when management will see it). Therefore, my report is incorrect.

Please suggest what all I can do with this condition.

Thanks,

DJ

Good day DJ

Why not CF the column with the issue date so that cells +60 turn red with yellow font.

You will keep getting diffrent dates with =TODAY() as it is volatile.

You were on the right track with the TODAY function. The question is, do you want the file to be live, aka up-to-date at all times, or just when you "run it". If live, using TODAY is the way to go. If you want to control when you run it, I'd recommend inputting a date in a cell somewhere and using that as the control date, rather than TODAY().

Good day DJ

In a bit of a rush earlier, please look at the upload it should point you in the right direction.

If you go to CF you will see in the Manage Rules how the CF is set.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34893656/DJ.xlsx

There is this link just posted in another post by Chandoo

http://chandoo.org/wp/2012/05/22/highlight-due-dates-excel/

Back