1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need to paste sheet name into next blank cell along with associate sheets data

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by uday, Apr 14, 2018.

1. uday

uday Member

Hi,

I want to get the sheet name with their data in Column A, B, C from Book1 and paste it to Book2. It should be paste only next blank row. Action can be repeated.

Duplicate data (Combination of Date and existed data in Column B and C) should not be taken as consideration.

Regards,
    Roy

Attached Files:

2. GraH - Guido

GraH - Guido Well-Known Member

Hi, Roy,
    I assume you look for a macro, but since you posted it in the section "ask an excel question", I can offer an alternative with Get & transform/Power Query.
    Can you tell which version of Excel you are using?
    Made an example in version 2016.
    If macro needed, some-one will pick up the thread and offer such solution as well.

Attached Files:

3. uday

uday Member

Thanks for the detail explanation in Guide sheet Grah. I have latest version of Excel. But I need non Power Query solution. I am looking for VBA solution.
  4. uday

uday Member

Any VBA assistance.
  5. GraH - Guido

GraH - Guido Well-Known Member

Hi, Roy, in the future post in the macro section to get a faster responds on macro requests. Now note it is weekend and less members connect to the forum to provide assistance.
    Be patient, help will come, I'm rather sure.
    Unfortunately I cannot provide extra help here. I've stopped using vba a while back (replaced almost all by Power Query solutions), and I noticed here my vba knowledge is not on a sufficient high level to make solutions from scratch for others (it must always work right?).