• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need some average formule help

Belleke

As my knowlege of formulas is very rusty, I need some help with a few formulas to calculate averages.
Explanation is in the file.
if there is noting in the cells I want 0 or nothing in the cells not some error like #....
thanks in advance

Attachments

• Bloeddruk (zelfmeting).xlsb
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi, thank you for your quick response, but for 2 columns
like F8:F27 & K8: K27.
Thanks

I found it for 2 columns
thank you for pointing me in the right direction
Have a nice day
Problem solved

Hi Belleke
This was an intriguing challenge for me. Because I never use direct cell references of the type [L8], I was faced with the challenge of picking up scattered data sets which had not been named. I liked the fact that you had used 'Text' format for the blank rows that separate DAG 2 / DAG 3 etc. It makes AVERAGE that bit more robust because it is no longer affected by a stray 0 in what should be blank fields.

What I did was to turn the data set into a Table and use structured references. One idea that could be useful is cell BLOEDRUK (meting 2) [R12] which actually contains a #DIV/0! error. Rather than complicating the formula to suppress errors, I conditionally formatted them to make them less disturbing visually. There are situations, like this one, in which an error message is a perfectly acceptable result.

At least I have learnt some Dutch :cool:
<huisarts, zelfmeting, GEMIDDELDEN>
but I am not too sure about the numbers unless the patient has just died :eek:

Attachments

• Bloeddruk (zelfmeting) (PB).xlsb
    27 KB · Views: 10
Back