• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help with Thermo-meter chart

DJ

Hi Friends,

I have created a chart similar to the thermometer chart in the same way as published on chandoo.org (http://chandoo.org/wp/2012/06/11/thermo-meter-chart-with-last-year-marker/) and it is working fine. Only difference is that there is no Last year marker so there are only two points.

Now the problem is that what if Actual is greater than Target? Is there any way to highlight it in different colour so that it can be easily identified or any other way. Right now, I am just showing Data Lables for both Actual and Target so that it can be identified.

Thanks,

DJ

DJ

Try setting the format of the Actual Column as a Line for the Outline but leave the Actual Column with no Fill

or vise versa for the Target

Hi Hui,

Sorry for late reply, I didn't have the access to internet.

Yes, this can be a solution but not like that what I wanted. If there is any other suggestion/solution, please share.

Thank you very much for your support.

DJ

How about making a helper column for this? I can experiment on it at the moment but basicly: you get 2 actual bars (both copies of each other) with the copy linked through formula's. cap this one off at the target value (so if there actual value goes above target value, in the copy the actual value will be equal to target value, while the originial value will still climb.

I hope this makes sense, but this will allow you to set the original bar at the back, then the target, and on top the copied (topped) actual.

if actual < target: you will see the copy and the target (so all is well in the world :))

if actual > target: you will see all 3 bars, actual copy will fill all to max target, then you'll see target, and the end bit will be the original actual

Or make one column narrower than the other and make both semi transparent

Hi,

It seems interesting solution but unfortunately, I didn't get success:(

Please upload a sample file demonstrating the solution, it will help me a lot.

Thank you,

DJ

Back