• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help with scheduling

Dan Reedy

I am creating a schedule for manufacturing in excel 2016 and have got 90% of it functioning like I want. The problem is that several of the "projects" share the same resource. Currently my schedule treats each project independently. What can I do to treat the cumulative times for a resource and schedule them accordingly. I have attached a copy of the file with sample date.

Viewing the schedule tab. you can see 2 jobs with the same part number etc. I want them scheduled independently as I cant run both though the same machine at the same time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dan

Attachments

• Scheduling Module - By Dan.zip
    388.5 KB · Views: 15
Dan

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

So the issue is the Machine eg: 1002, M11 etc being shared between 2 or more Part No's?

Is each Machine available 24 hrs per day?
Is there only one of each machine ?
Does each Part No require "Setup Time" + "Transfer Hrs" + (Qty Remaining/Hourly rate) Hrs of the machine ?
And the machine is only available for "Available Hours per day"?

Final questions
How many machines 1002, M11 etc are there ?
How many rows in Total do you expect in the Schedule Worksheet?

TO answer your questions - See responses below.

Dan

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

So the issue is the Machine eg: 1002, M11 etc being shared between 2 or more Part No's? - Correct

Is each Machine available 24 hrs per day? - No - each machine has it's own set of available hours - both the number of hours and the time they are available (1st shift, second shift, 3rd shift or a combination of those)

Is there only one of each machine ? Correct

Does each Part No require "Setup Time" + "Transfer Hrs" + (Qty Remaining/Hourly rate) Hrs of the machine ? - YES
And the machine is only available for "Available Hours per day"? - Correct

Final questions
How many machines 1002, M11 etc are there ? There is only 1 of each, but we are scheduling approximately 50 machines total currently and we anticipate adding a few more.

How many rows in Total do you expect in the Schedule Worksheet? I am currently setting the sheet up for 1000 total rows. This will allow plenty of future growth.

Back