• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help to modify Name in Vijay Demo

lamdt

Hi guys,
Recently i found Chandoo with so many good things can use for my daily works. Thank you so much for your goodness when sharing file for us. I am a newbie on Excel and VBA, i saw that the demo file to use excel as database of Vijay is very good with my work. I tried to change it to fit with mine but there are something cannot work:
I cannot change some field in data sheet: Product -> PO ; Region -> Quotation ; Customer Type -> VAT Invoice. I tried to change them on data sheet and on VBA code but it does not work. The error show that the object not found. Could someone help me to change it ?
Thank you guys.

Attachments

• Sale-Database-Ask Chandoo.xlsm
    64.3 KB · Views: 4
lamdt
Yes ... what would be Your real challenge?

I cannot change some field in data sheet: Product -> PO ; Region -> Quotation ; Customer Type -> VAT Invoice.
I tested as You wrote ... overwrite those changes ... I didn't notice any challenge!

But ... if You'll use Your code, then You should also modify all those used term in codes too!
... or challenges with some objects!
That part, I didn't start to test, because I cannot test those!

lamdt
Yes ... what would be Your real challenge?

I cannot change some field in data sheet: Product -> PO ; Region -> Quotation ; Customer Type -> VAT Invoice.
I tested as You wrote ... overwrite those changes ... I didn't notice any challenge!

But ... if You'll use Your code, then You should also modify all those used term in codes too!
... or challenges with some objects!
That part, I didn't start to test, because I cannot test those!
Sorry to make you confuse.
I already change the name in Data sheet and code also.
Now i got issue when i insert my data to this file. It does not accept the data in merge format in Product, Region, Quotation columns and show error "Type mismatch", could you give me help ?

lamdt
You've asked something ... I cannot change some field in data sheet
and now You have changed someway Your uploaded file.
1 > You should upload a newer version of Your file that other could notice - what have You done?
2 > How do You get Your new issue? How do You insert something somewhere? Where is Your named data? Same file or some other file?

lamdt
You've asked something ... I cannot change some field in data sheet
and now You have changed someway Your uploaded file.
1 > You should upload a newer version of Your file that other could notice - what have You done?
2 > How do You get Your new issue? How do You insert something somewhere? Where is Your named data? Same file or some other file?
Thank you for your reply.
Still on this file i was sent, now i know how to change the field name but the new issue is that this file does not accept the data in merge format in Product, Region, Quotation columns and show error "Type mismatch", could you give me help ?

Attachments

• Sale-Database-Ask Chandoo.xlsm
    64.3 KB · Views: 3
lamdt
Did You try to read my previous reply?
There were few questions ... which needs Your answers!
1) Your the newest uploaded file has still ... as below ... and You wrote that You KNOW HOW TO CHANGE...
Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 12.17.01.png
2) None answers!

Could You help Yourself and answer questions
as well as
sent that kind of file I've asked.

lamdt
Did You try to read my previous reply?
There were few questions ... which needs Your answers!
1) Your the newest uploaded file has still ... as below ... and You wrote that You KNOW HOW TO CHANGE...
View attachment 63964
2) None answers!

Could You help Yourself and answer questions
as well as
sent that kind of file I've asked.
thank you for your attention with my issue.
Let me summary my issue again, as below:
1. I cannot change the Column name: Product, Region, Customer type to something i want. I posted the question here but after that i can do it by my self.
2. Now i got issue with the merged data that i copy from other file to the data sheet, if it merged as below then the error type mismatch will show when click on Update drop down of view sheet. Not only PO column, the Quotation and VAT Invoice got the same issue. Could you know how to take data even in merged format ?

Attachments

• Sale-Database-V4.1.1-Ask Chandoo.xlsm
    62.7 KB · Views: 1
lamdt
1) You didn't read my comment
2) Did You try to read those questions?
How? Do You copy manually or how?
If merged then those merged cells seems to need to modify as those would be 'normal cells'
or
You gotta change some Excel-rules!

You should focus ...
If You won't read my replies this is like double monologue.

lamdt
1) You didn't read my comment
2) Did You try to read those questions?
How? Do You copy manually or how?
If merged then those merged cells seems to need to modify as those would be 'normal cells'
or
You gotta change some Excel-rules!

You should focus ...
If You won't read my replies this is like double monologue.
As i explain above, i copy data manually from other excel file and i unmerged cells at columns named PO - Quotation - VAT then it work well but i don't want to do this way. Employees send report to me every weeks but they always merge cells which have same information at column PO-Quotation-VAT to easy to their daily works and i cannot request them to unmerged everything, could you help to check the code and let it show data even it is merged cells ?
Thank you very much for your patience, i am appreciated.

lamdt
Your logic? ... hmm?
Your i cannot request them to unmerged everything ...
Have You tried to ask to send copy for You BEFORE those will merge something?
... how You could request someone else than them? ... are You sure that I'm not one of them?

Seem that You skipped again some of my writings ... (Excel-rules).
I added button for You ... I'm not sure at all, if You want to push it.
... it could do some of Your works, which You don't want to do.

Attachments

• Sale-Database-V4.1.1-Ask Chandoo.xlsb
    44.9 KB · Views: 1
lamdt
Your logic? ... hmm?
Your i cannot request them to unmerged everything ...
Have You tried to ask to send copy for You BEFORE those will merge something?
... how You could request someone else than them? ... are You sure that I'm not one of them?

Seem that You skipped again some of my writings ... (Excel-rules).
I added button for You ... I'm not sure at all, if You want to push it.
... it could do some of Your works, which You don't want to do.
Your button is exactly i want. Thank you so much for your help, but i got new issue that i cannot use any other buttons on View sheet. The new button Unmerge Merged which created by you is only one button i can click on :( .
Could you show me the code of this button also ? i do not find it on VBA and how to move it to View Sheet (i want to push it near by Update drop down button) or if you can share your code of this button i want to combine it on Update drop down button also, it mean when i click on it, it will do the Unmerge job first then do the other after that. I think it will work well.
For your questions, the original file of my employees are merge cells, it easy to them to control their daily work then i just want to ask you guys how to make VBA do unmerge the merged cells (as your button did).
Thank you again for your attention and your button. Please help me to combine it on same button with Update drop down, it will clear all my issue.

Your button is exactly i want. Thank you so much for your help, but i got new issue that i cannot use any other buttons on View sheet. The new button Unmerge Merged which created by you is only one button i can click on :( .
Could you show me the code of this button also ? i do not find it on VBA and how to move it to View Sheet (i want to push it near by Update drop down button) or if you can share your code of this button i want to combine it on Update drop down button also, it mean when i click on it, it will do the Unmerge job first then do the other after that. I think it will work well.
For your questions, the original file of my employees are merge cells, it easy to them to control their daily work then i just want to ask you guys how to make VBA do unmerge the merged cells (as your button did).
Thank you again for your attention and your button. Please help me to combine it on same button with Update drop down, it will clear all my issue.
Hi vletm,
i just found that the button you was created only work until 26th row, from 27th it does not work anymore, could you check it ?
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Sale-Database-V4.1.1-From Chandoo-Ask Vletm.xlsb
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
lamdt
If You send a sample file then that file would be as Your normal file as well as used as normal file.
Your newer file is used other way!

lamdt
If You send a sample file then that file would be as Your normal file as well as used as normal file.
Your newer file is used other way!
Sorry vletm, from the begin i just want to test with small data. The current version is real file we use to work, please help.

Sorry vletm, from the begin i just want to test with small data. The current version is real file we use to work, please help.
thank you very much for your help. i am trying to combine your code to one button on view sheet to do unmerged and check data also but it seem the unmerge code just work only to 26th row. If i copy from row 3rd to 26th and paste it then it still work. I do not find the difference between data on 3rd - 26th rows with the real data as i send on the previous attach.

Attachments

• Sale-Database-V4.1.1.1-test 5 - Unmerge cells - Ask.xlsm
    72 KB · Views: 8
Back