• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need Help Modifying a Formula

gmfston

Hello Ninjas,

I need help modifying a formula that will populate general ledger codes from the "Adjustments Crosswalk" tab column B into the "Adjustments" tab column E. I would like a formula that populates the general ledger code from the Adjustment Crosswalk tab if it finds the matching reason code. If it doesn't find a general ledger code next to the reason code, then it should populate the general ledge code for the "Financial Class" ("Adjustment Crosswalk, columns A & B, rows 1 through 11). The correct results for some of the rows are illustrated in column F in the "Adjustments" tab. I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you, Gina

Attachments

• Adjustment journal entry.xlsx
    16 KB · Views: 4
Thank you. This is great. My only issue is that I will be running the report monthly so the location of the Financial Class header may be in a different location and I was trying to avoid having to enter unique formulas under each financial class. Perhaps the easiest way to avoid this is the copy the financial classes in column B in each row? Thanks again, Gina

Maybe,

In E8, copied down :

=IF(C8="","",VLOOKUP(IF(ISNA(MATCH(C8,'Adjustment Crosswalk'!$A$14:$A$36,0)),LOOKUP("zzz",B$7:B8),C8),'Adjustment Crosswalk'!$A$2:$B$36,2,0))

or,

=IF(C8="","",IFERROR(VLOOKUP(C8,'Adjustment Crosswalk'!$A$14:$B$36,2,0),VLOOKUP(LOOKUP("zzz",B$7:B8),'Adjustment Crosswalk'!$A$2:$B$11,2,0)))

Regards
Bosco

Back