• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help in streamlining macros and speeding up macro enabled template

hi! Is there a way that I can attach my file to my post? Or can I email it to someone? i have created a macro enabled workbook that is sooooo slow when I edit VBA and change! and I have only done the first tab with 400 row. I will be creating the same tab six times with 55000 rows on each tab!

Can someone please help!

PLus this file will need to be protected and shared on a shared server. That will just slow down this file even more!!!

If you look at the top of the forum, you'll see that there's a stickied thread explaining this exact thing.

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

If you really want someone to email you (data being more sensitive?), a nice courtesy is to post your own email and then someone can email you. This helps respect the privacy of others.

Hi ,

I assume you meant the following file : PRE-ORDER-TEMPLATE.xlsm

I did not find any delay in either Hiding a Fruit or Unhiding a Fruit. I really cannot say whether this situation will hold when you have 55000 rows of data.

I have only one point to add at present ; whenever you carry out operations on worksheets which will involve refreshing the screen display , Excel will slow down , especially if you are going to repeat such operations hundreds or thousands of times. In such cases , it is wise to surround such sections of code with the following two statements :

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

I have added them in your file , which you can check here :

http://speedy.sh/VuJj4/PRE-ORDER-TEMPLATE.xlsm

In case you have a specific operation which takes a long time to complete , can you give more details ?

Narayan

Thank you Narayan! I believe you confirmed what I have been suspecting- its my laptop. I cannot edit and save a single character within the file without it slowing down. Thank you for looking into it for me! :)

Back