• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need help in making the graph

Nija

Hi Team,

I have a data where in i have five main heads (qtr, dates, cadre, SLA & actual days), Now i want to prepare a chart in which the X-axis shows either the QTR or dates and the Y-axis shows the actual days. Also i want a straight line for both Regular and FTC SLA's ( 60 and 45 each) on the Y-axis. I prefer to show the actual days as a separate line charts for Qtr-2016 and Qtr-2017 Attached please find the sample data.

PS: i am not good in VBA or writing codes.

Thanks in advance,
Nija

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    15 KB · Views: 4
Have a look at attached. I don't really know what you are looking for as some days have no FTC SLA or vice versa, so as a line it would look very bumpy (tab 2 has the lines horizontal level). You might also consider that your QTR field does not correlate to your dates (Some clearly April-July dates marked as Q1) so depending on which you pick as a basis you are telling a different story!

Attachments

• Sample 11.12.17.xlsx
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for your effort Nightlytic :)

let me tell you what the graph should looks like;

The SLA field for Regular and FTC are 60 days and 45 days each; i want a straight line for this in the Y-axis. So if i do it, instead of 'sum' i take the average and put it which gives me a straight line.
The X-axis should show the QTR's for 2016 & 2017 (not by date- u can ignore if there are any mismatches as this is a dummy dates), now i want to plot a line chart which shows the pattern of the number of days which they require to join a company. The standard remains same (FTC are 60 days and 45 days each), however people might or might not adhere the timeline. Hence i want to compare the actual vs. SLA days. Hope i am able to clarify your doubts.

Thanks in Advance,
Nija

Are regular and FTC two different classes of employees, because it might make sense to separate them if they are held to a different limit.

See attached, average actual days per qtr compared to your 45 an 60 day standards

Attachments

• Sample 11.12.17.xlsx
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks once again...
yes..one is full time employee(Regular) and another is Full time contractors (FTC). so we cannot combine that together...

Back