• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need Help in avoiding frequent Debug errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am running a Macro in excel which copies the data and pastes it in a PPT which has 17 slides. Since there is continuous copy-paste action performed by the macro, it sometimes gives a debug error in between(couples of times) as it cant copy the data that fast, but when when I click on debug and run it again it performs the action and completes the ppt correctly.

Is there a code which can be inserted to avoid the debug error as large amount on data is getting pasted in PPT from excel continuously.
I have attached the excel Macro file + the ppt template + the how the final ouput(PPT should look like).
I am getting lots of debug error while running this but when I click on debug and run it again it works.
Also for Slide - 6,8 & 10, I want the table to be pasted as Sourceformatting from excel so that it can be editable but when I do so the excel rows and columns outlines get captured in ppt which I dont want. Please can anyone help on this as well.

Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• New folder (2).zip
    1,020 KB · Views: 2
  • Output.zip
    805.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Template1.zip
    285.5 KB · Views: 1
I have created a macro which paste a table from excel to Powerpoint. I want the table to be editable in PPT when it gets pasted. I am currently using the code - ppPasteEnhancedMetafile which it not editable and when I paste it using the code ppPasteDefault or ppPasteSourceFormatting, the excel lines & columns appear in the table and the alignment goes for a toss.

I am attaching a screenshot for the same.

Could someone please guide or provide a code to paste the table as editable while retaining the Original format.

Attachments

• Screenshots.docx
    86.6 KB · Views: 2
Rameez Sarang
As You wrote: Thanks for your reply . But this doesn't seem to work.
It's me, who was and still is interesting about Your testing - which You did as You wrote.
Macros ... ? -- You've sent some zips and docx. I gotta skip those.

I have been able to resolve the debug errors using the DoEvent functions...
I used on Error go to Errorhandler and in errorhandler i wrote DoEvents
Resume..

Please can you now address my second query

Start a new post every time you ask a question, even if the theme is similar.

I have created a macro which paste a table from excel to Powerpoint. I want the table to be editable in PPT when it gets pasted. I am currently using the code - ppPasteEnhancedMetafile which it not editable and when I paste it using the code ppPasteDefault or ppPasteSourceFormatting, the excel lines & columns appear in the table and the alignment goes for a toss.

I am attaching a screenshot for the same.

Could someone please guide or provide a code to paste the table as editable while retaining the Original format.

Attachments

• Screenshots.docx
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back