• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need data validation in 3 cells and then a vlookup

dgoscinski

I have a scorecard template. I want a data validation to select the Name (b3). I want a data validation to select which quarter(c4). And a data validation to select the year(d4). (I have created those.) The data is kept on another sheet: QTR4-Testing!

I then want a formula (likely if + vlookup) to check the data range and automatically fill in the scorecard template for the selected name, quarter, and year. Currently, my formula is : =VLOOKUP($B$3,'QTR4-testing'!$A1:$X130,7,FALSE). This works properly when I select the Name from the list, it fills in the scorecard correctly--except that it is the first set of data. But it is only dependent upon one variable: B3 (name). I am not sure how to add Quarter and Year into the function.

I hope I am clear in my explanation. Again, select Name, Quarter, and Year THEN the entire data set is searched and results posted.

I have uploaded the file.
There are two worksheet. One is the scorecard template. (Scorecard) The other is the master data list (QTR4-testing).
On the Scorecard, I want data validation for B3, C4, and D4. Essentially, choose the supplier's name from a dropdown list (B3), then decided what Quarter (C4) and the Year (D4). Once I have selected these 2 criteria, Excel will lookup on QTR4-testing for the corresponding data and automatically fill in Scorecard.

As it currently exists, with the formulas I have in B4, B6, B7, and most of column I. =VLOOKUP($B$3,'QTR4-testing'!$A1:$X130,7,FALSE) It ONLY references B3. But as I have populated more fake data for other quarters, my scorecard will need to be able to differentiate between a scorecard for Q1 and Q2 and so on.

Attachments

• Sample Supplier Scorecard.xlsx
    55.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

So what you are looking for is formulas in I10 through I31 , which take into account all the 3 selections in cells B3 , C4 and D4 ?

Narayan

I think I have solved it. What I did was create a concatenate/helper column on the scorecard AND the data set. My formula now references the helper column to return the values desired.

Back