• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Need client with highest premium in Pivot Table

dianacris

I have a pivot table of data which has Account Managers or CSRs (rows) and policy effective dates by month (cols). In the values area I need three things:

1. Total Premium

2. Count of Policies

3. Name of Client with the highest Total Premium

The first two are rather easy but I'm not sure how to do the third. For each Mgr/CSR I want to list the name of the client which has the highest total premium for the month. Can I create a calculated field for this?

Thanks for any help!

here's a link to a sample file I uploaded to skydrive. It's a very small subset of the data but hopefully it's enough to illustrate what I'm trying to do.

http://sdrv.ms/WTXKvT

hi,

just drop the insured parent to ROW below Account Manager, then you can right click on Bentz total and click "subtotal account manager" to remove the subtotal

i think that looks good

I want only 1 pivot table -- the one at the top. I need the "values" field called "Insured w/Highest Premium" to have the name of the client with the most premium for the given month. Adding the field Insured Parent to the ROW will give me all of the insureds. I need just one name per account manager per month.

The sample data is just a fraction of the data I'll have in the final result. There will be thousands of rows with many more insureds and account mgrs.

Back