• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Names find out as per NS

Tom22

Hi,

I am looking for a code , which analys col. H and gives me names (Col. B) where NS is more than 2000

Attached a reference file

Please suggest something

Attachments

• Test.xlsm
    11.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi !​
That no needs the code : just use the Excel basics like a filter for example …​

Marc..... My original data is very huge... Approx 90k rows.... Hence looking for this... Manual work is too tedious....

As Excel basics are often faster than a VBA code and here it's just a filter needing a 5 seconds manual operation ‼​
And if you want really a code post at least a workbook with source data and an expected result layout as we are not mind readers …​

As Excel basics are often faster than a VBA code and here it's just a filter needing a 5 seconds manual operation ‼​
And if you want really a code post at least a workbook with source data and an expected result layout as we are not mind readers …​
Marc... I have pasted one workbook in my first post itself.... I guess you missed it

No I did not missed it but as we are not mind readers you very not well read my post #4 ! (underlined part) :rolleyes:
As I won't guess anything so from your initial post that very not needs a code just using a filter (difficulty : child level) …​

Tom22
have pasted one workbook in my first post itself.... I guess you missed it
check #5 reply ... press that button and ... You'll have that You've looked...

It looks like the filter macro that vletm did should work fine for you Tom22.

It is really a trade-off though. Users don't want to do basic things like autofilter but don't want macros sometimes either. Usually, I wind up doing it via macros for myself too if it is a repetitive need.

For those that don't like to view code in attachments or can't find the code, I like to just post the code. If it is extremely complex, I just post the file. Sometimes, it is good to do both. Some forums don't allow attachments so posting code is a common practice. Here is the code from post #5 file.
Code:
Sub Do_It()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    With ActiveSheet
        If .FilterMode Then
            .Range("H:H").AutoFilter
        Else
            .Range("H:H").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=">2000"
        End If
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
The nice thing about it is that it toggles the filter on with filter applied and off with each click. Of course even that baffles some users.

Back