• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Name Loop? Assistance, please!

ExcelGuru516

Hello, everyone and thanks for having me! Thank you for helping as well!!

I am somewhat of a rookie to this.

I have a spreadsheet attached.

The first column contains a name. It then has a space and then another line of data. I would like the name to appear only on lines with data on them. Note, there is a name change every now and then. I need the code to copy the name relative to the data? Does anyone have a good code that can help with this? (in some cases you will notice multiple spaces with blank information. Anyone have an idea?? Thank you for your help!!!

Attachments

• NameCopy.xls
    863.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi !​
That's very not the best way to learn as the help is according to your initial 'explanation' and attachment​
which here no exactly reflects your need ‼​
According to your initial post and your attachment, I have a faster way than previous help codes (just using Excel Basics)​
but since your post #8 without any blank row there is a better faster more efficient way !​

As an one shot Excel Basics beginner level demonstration, I won't amend after anything whatever you forgot / omitted​
so, if you are not very confident with your Excel / VBA skills, the better is at least to well explain your final need​
with 'before' & 'after' workbooks attachment like any forum expects in the initial post ! …​
As the main reminder :​

Will adjust... Maybe I will start a new post for what I want to do with the rest of it... I will mention my thoughts for the entire sheet. Thank you everyone for your help with all this!

It's better to continue here, just avoiding any duplicate thread as per forum rules …​
Create a new thread if the subject / need is far away from this one.​

Alright... I am back. Using the Excel document that vletm assisted with and after running the macro, the data now has the name next to it and it has a days column. The days column has a number of days. The days are generally consecutive but sometimes have a few days in between. I would like to be able to pick up incidences where the difference in dates is equal to 10 days or more from the previous date for each name. Is it possible to dump that information into a second sheet? I would like to see the number of times any given name appears with differences of 10 days in between. If it happens (which it will, ie lines 32 and 33, I would like to see it. Any ideas?!!? Thank you, excel gurus!

ExcelGuru516
Seems that You couldn't read the whole line.
... or Your needed results ... are nothing!
If You do not know Your needed results then You'll have a challenge.

Ps. that file looks same (in the beginning) as #9 my sent file.

Apologies, I was curious why you were asking me for something you created :p..... Take a look. I added sheet2 and it shows the first record I mentioned but it basically shows me that there was two incidents with dates greater than equal or greater to 10 days apart. Thank you!

Attachments

• NameCopyVletm.xlsb
    89.8 KB · Views: 5
That is perfect. Say there was a situation where it was 1/1/19, 4/7/19, and 8/3/19. Would the macro have been smart enough to capture more than two 10 day changes?

Back