• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

My combo box shrinks, what is the reason

GN0001

Team,

Each time, I select one of the entries of the combo box, the content inside the combo box shrinks, what is solution? Also, what I can do to enlarge the arrow part of the combo box?

Thank you

GGGGG

GGGGG

I've never seen that happen

Any chance of posting a file with a sample ?

Is it a Form Control Combo Box or an Active X Combo Box ?

Using an Active X Combo Box you can adjust the font size

Hi is your combo box property "resize" set to auto, or true?, I think that makes the size vary. HTH L

Hui,

It is a Form Control, I adjust the size, but with each clicking it shrinks,

Lymm,

I will let you know.

One of my coworker said that you need to close all the open applications. It deals with the memory of your computer, but I have not tried it yet.

I've recently had this problem when hooking up to a monitor in another building. The screen resolution was off so I set it to something other than the 'recommended'. Laptop was one resolution while monitor was another. Every time the control was clicked, the font shrank. When the properties were explored, it still said 10 pt font but it was completely unreadable after a handful of clicks. I closed the model without saving, reset the resolution and tried again and it worked as expected.

I ditched the activex controls and went to form controls. Same result. I ended up creating my own scroll buttons with my own code driving them and I replaced all activex combo boxes with form combo boxes. Seems to work.

I've been forced to change the code to use Worksheet_Activate to switch the view to Page Break view then back to Normal view. This resets all of the size changing objects. They only resize when the user is using a non-default resolution on our Win 7 64 bit machines running Excel 2010.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
    ActiveWindow.View = xlPageBreakPreview
    ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView
    ActiveWindow.ScrollIntoView left:=0, Top:=0, Width:=100, Height:=100
End Sub

Back