• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple Sheets Duplicate Values

ExcelSur

Hello Guys,
Can I get some help in identifying duplicate values. I have an excel file where I create worksheets every week. The worksheets have many columns and I want to identify duplicate values of 1 column (Invoice #). If I create a new worksheet and enter an invoice number excel should compare all the worksheets and highlight the duplicate invoice number in the new worksheet if there is a duplicate value.

I have attached a sample excel file

Attachments

• Duplicates.xlsx
    10.5 KB · Views: 15
Try.......

Select new worksheet "Bayou 3"sheet C4:C9 >> Conditional Formatting >> New rule >> Use a formula ….>> in the rule box enter :

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 1'!$B$4:$C$100,2,0)=$C4,0)+IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 2'!$B$4:$C$100,2,0)=$C4,0)

>> Click "Format", then select cell color >> OK >> Finish.

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• Conditional Formatting duplicates.xlsx
    12 KB · Views: 7
Try.......

Select new worksheet "Bayou 3"sheet C4:C9 >> Conditional Formatting >> New rule >> Use a formula ….>> in the rule box enter :

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 1'!$B$4:$C$100,2,0)=$C4,0)+IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 2'!$B$4:$C$100,2,0)=$C4,0)

>> Click "Format", then select cell color >> OK >> Finish.

Regards
Bosco

Hello Bosco
Really appreciate your help. I have a question. I am trying to find duplicates for invoice #. I am bit confused with the formula. Is your formula looking duplicate amounts. How can I use the formula to highlight the duplicate invoice #s

Thanks

Hi @ExcelSur ,

Just Change Cell Reference in highlighted in Red Colour
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 1'!$B$4:$C$100,1,0)=$B4,0)+IFERROR(VLOOKUP($B4,'Bayou 2'!$B$4:$C$100,1,0)=$B4,0)

Copy Formula in Conditional Formatting New Rule

Attachments

• Conditional Formatting duplicates.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
Back