• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple Pivot Tables Overlapping

DannyV

Hello,

I have generated multiple pivot tables from PowerPivot and am now getting the error message that some are overlapping.

Besides putting 100 rows and columns between each pivot table, does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to arrange pivot tables in the worksheet in the most organized way possible?

Thanks

Don't put multiple pivot tables in same sheet.

I always have separate sheet for my pivot tables. Summaries are done using various other tools (Charts, Camera tool, CUBE functions, etc etc).

Though you can use DAX/PowerQuery "M" to limit item for each pivot to ensure there's no overlap. But that's just more work for little benefit.

Thanks Chihiro for the quick response. I have upwards of 50 pivot tables. You're saying I should create 50 extra sheets? I have my reports in a few other sheets that are fed from the information contained in these pivot tables.

That's way too many PivotTables to have in a single report.

Remember, too much info will overwhelm most end users. Reports and dashboard should extract from data, key information that gives insight into data. You should take care to clean/remove noise and outlier.

I usually have no more than 10 pivot tables in a single report/dashboard. Consider, separating out reports into categorized groups.

That's way too many PivotTables to have in a single report.

Remember, too much info will overwhelm most end users. Reports and dashboard should extract from data, key information that gives insight into data. You should take care to clean/remove noise and outlier.

I usually have no more than 10 pivot tables in a single report/dashboard. Consider, separating out reports into categorized groups.

Will do. Thanks for your wisdom and insight Chihiro!

Back