• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple Drop Down Lists

Hi,

I have used the INDIRECT function on the attached spreadsheet to link the drop down list under "Item" to the "Category" selected in the previous column. However, I would then like to link a "Colour" to the item selected from the drop down list in the "Item" column. If I use the INDIRECT function again I get the following box appear. Does anyone now how you can create multiple interdependent lists.

Thanks for your help.

Peak Seagull

Attachments

• Multiple Drop Down Lists.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 5
You have not setup Tier to the 3rd level "colour".

For example, if you choose "Bags", then what colour could be chosen? If you choose "Shoes", then what colour could be chosen?.....

You need to complete the 3rd level Tier setup as same as your 2nd level Tier for "Item", something like this :

Last edited:

For example, if you choose "Bags", then what colour could be chosen? If you choose "Shoes", then what colour could be chosen?.....

You need to complete the 3rd level Tier setup as same as your 2nd level Tier for "Item", something like this :
View attachment 70480
Thanks - i'll give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 70480
Hi Bosco_yip,

I tried your suggestion but got the same message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back