• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple drop down lists with the same data

Biigoz

Greetings all,

I'd like to first drop a link to the original post that has been helpful to me in my endeavor, while at the same time driving me crazy that I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Original Post: http://forum.chandoo.org/threads/multiple-dropdown-lists-with-same-data.25687/

Now, I've uploaded a demo file containing the two worksheets I'm trying to make this dream a reality in. What I'd like to do is on the Termination Checklist Tab, make a searchable drop down list for the Path column and the Side column using the information on Termination WS Data tab. After a selection is made in each drop down for Path column and Side column, the rest of the information is autopopulated to the rest of the columns on the Termination Checklist tab that match on the Termination WS Data tab.

On the above post, @Nebu was very helpful in solving one problem, but my drop down lists weren't working as intended, so I deleted everything as far as Named Ranges, Data Validations, and VB scripts. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a great day!

Attachments

• Demo.xlsx
    58.2 KB · Views: 33
Thanks again @Nebu! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and your layout allowed me to retrace your steps perfectly! It's working exactly as it should on our main spreadsheet and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

Back