• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

multiple Date validation using VBA

abdulncr

Hi Friends,

Can any one help me on this. multips date validateion in a cell.if there is only one date to validate, i should have used Data-validation-date-between.

I have in the sheet2 leaveplan from date in the C5:C100 and to date in the D5:D100

In the another Sheet1 'from date in the A5:A50': and 'to date in the B5:B50'

When i enter the date in the sheet2, it should not allow to enter the date if it is falling between date mention in the sheet1.

Regards

Abdul

Hi Abdul ,

Let us assume your date is entered in a cell named Entered_Date ; your range of FROM dates is a named range From_Dates , and your range of TO dates is named To_Dates. Either of the following formulae can be used as Data Validation :

=ISERROR(MATCH(1,(Entered_Date>=From_Dates)*(Entered_Date<=To_Dates),0))

=SUMPRODUCT((Entered_Date>=From_Dates)*(Entered_Date<=To_Dates))=0

Use either of the above in your Custom Data Validation.

Narayan

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

First i named the range accordingly to work the formula

Sumproduct shows error "the formula currently evaluate error u want to continuer"

when i tried match index, it accepts. but not restricting any thing. it allows to enter any date

Regards

Abdul

Hi,

I Named cell as per the formula, it is same as you posted.

=ISERROR(MATCH(1,(Entered_Date>=From_Dates)*(Entered_Date<=To_Dates),0))

it is not restricting any thing.

Regards

Abdul

Hi

I have put From Date in B1 and To Date in B2.

The data validation is applied in D1 as follows,

=AND(D1>=$B$1,D1<=$B$2)

Amritansh

Hi Abdul ,

The full procedure is as follows :

1. Select your range of from dates , say Sheet1 A5:A50 ; select Formulas , Name Manager , New , and type in the name From_Dates.

2. Select your range of to dates , say Sheet1 B5:B50 ; select Formulas , Name Manager , New , and type in the name To_Dates.

3. Select your first range of date entry , say Sheet2 C5:C50 ; select Data Validation , Custom , and in the formula box , put the following formula :

=ISERROR(MATCH(1,(C5>=From_Dates)*(C5<=To_Dates),0))

Click OK.

Now try to enter various dates in the range C5:C50 and see whether invalid dates are accepted.

Repeat step 3 for the other column of date entry , say Sheet2 D5:D50.

Narayan

Dear Narayan,

Thanks for your time to help me. I did excactly you told. still it is not validating any date. meanwhile i got a VBA code to do this validation.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Abdul

Back