• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Multiple cells drop down selection

sstixx

Hi,

Not sure if this question should go in here or if it can be accomplished with VBA.
I have an excel sheet where in a multiple cells there is a drop down list that will appear when selected.
What i want to accomplish, if even possible is that somebody can select a range of cells.
Lets say A1:A10 and that the value selected in the drop down is apply on all those cells.
Now when selecting this range and choosing a value from the drop down it's only applied in the first cell of the range.

Can't seem to get it to work, so if somebody could help me on the right track that would be great.

So far I haven't been able to. As a work-around, having selected an option from the dropdown, press F2 on the keyboard, then hold the Ctrl key and press Enter.

That works indeed, not a user friendly solution I have to say. Could this be resolved by a macro?

Yes, I think so; su;ply a file with your situation and say whether this will only apply to cells with the same data validation.

Back