• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Merge two Pivot tables for easy filtering

prabhath_c

Hi everyone!

From a table (given in the attached workbook - Data_Prabhath.xlsx ), I am looking to get a pivot table as shown in the image Example_of_required_result.PNG.

I am able to create two separate pivot tables (PivotTable1.PNG and PivotTable2.PNG) from the data, but am unable to consolidate them into one single table for easy filtering.

I have tried to add the second table's fields in the first table, but the result was not as expected.

I request your help.

Thank you very much in advance.
Cheers

Attachments

prabhath_c

Thank you very much for your reply.
I really appreciate your help.

As I want to be able to use one filter to filter all the data, and not have to use multiple filters (as the original data I have has about 28 questions and 6 filters), your suggested approach might not be exactly what I am looking for.

I would be really grateful if the final result would look like the one you showed, but could also be filtered all at once.

Thank you once again.

prabhath_c

Thank you for your reply.

By filtering, I wasn't talking about filtering the data present in the pivot table.
I was talking about filtering data from the main data using the PivotTable 'Filters' field.

The attached workbook might give an idea of what I'm trying to ask for.
If I want to filter the data by Gender, I now have to filter each Question separately. I want to be able to do them all together, as I have lots of questions and filters to handle.

Appreciate your help.

Attachments

vletm

Excel Ninja
prabhath_c
...hmm?
Could You explain
- what would You like to get from ... something?
... without naming - how?
... ... if You naming - how? ... then there could be some challenges to You that Your named feature!

There could be millions of variations - what could get from Your given data?
... and ... should Your data be in that layout?

What is easy for someone, could be something else for someone else.