• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Max number of data points that HLOOKUP can reference?

Shoebird

I am having issues with a spreadsheet not referencing all the data points in a seperate workbook. I have verified that the function works because if I change the reference name to one that is working, the data is pulled through (ex. "Flow Meter I S" works but "Flow Meter I F" does not. I am currently referencing about 174,000 unique sample points on the one worksheet with about another 174,000 in total on all of the other worksheets. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Can you post the formula that you are using? That would let us do a better job understanding what syntax/structure issues you might be having.

Hmm, formula structure looks good. I'd check next for making sure the cells really are exact. Check both W3 and in the other book to make sure there aren't any extra spaces, or that it's really an I and not a 1 or something weird. Could do a basic comparison like:

=W3=Othersheet!W3

to see if XL thinks they are alike.

@Luke M

Hi!

Stop looking over my shoulder... I was about to press enter after writing the same considerations.

Regards!

Turned out to be operator error. When ctl c and ctl v and subsequent modification of the equation, didn't modify the range. The range previously had been overly broad but in this sheet, it was restrictive and couldn't pull data through. Thanks all for your time and consideration in providing a solution.

Back