1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Material Register

Discussion in 'Discuss Data Visualizations and Charting' started by RaviKumar.K, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

Hi,

I am working in highway project and needs to update inward materials register of road works on day to day basis.

I had attached the file for your reference.

In Sheet first two sheets are sample formats those are automated but need in another format, so i keep the original as it is.

In Sheet i was updated data in manually in my format which is colored with yellow.

I need to update in each and every day, so i request to help me in automating this process.

I had tried and spend time in solving this time consuming process, and searched the web also.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
    Ravi Kumar

Attached Files:

2. Thangavel

Thangavel Member

There are 6 sheets. could you please explain further on which sheets what you want to do?
  3. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

Hi,

let me explain
    first two sheets ie., data & view those two sheets are automated, unfortunately the format is not my requirement format, am expecting the same way in my format. That was kept for the reference only.

"Register Sheet" is my data base (I was updating in daily basis).

"Bill Wise Sheet" is a copy from "Register sheet" that was copied separately why because to know how many are certified. in "Bill wise Sheet" tabular statement kept from Column P to AG detailed data to know for which supplier & which transporter & for which material & how much quantity is certified.

"Day Wise Sheet" this is also copied from "Register Sheet" in this i have to know that on a particular day how much material is received & what type of material is received & from which transporter & from which supplier.

"Month Wise Sheet" is also same as "Day Wise Sheet" but the difference is Month wise sheet is use to know in particular month how much material is received & what type of material is received & from which transporter & from which supplier.

"Weekly Sheet" is also same as "Day Wise Sheet" but the difference is 7 days details is use to know in particular week how much material is received & what type of material is received & from which transporter & from which supplier.

In every sheet i have kept a tabular form to the details like
    how much quantity of material is received by supplier through which transporter & which type of material is received.

I have to make a bill for every day, every week & every month for each supplier as well as i have to cross check that any item has previously paid.
  4. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

At present in our project we have 10 suppliers "MODERN, Mercury, Avon, VIRTUE, SRK, Elite, VLS, LIPL, SVEC, VNS" in future they may increase, they are supplying materials for our Road Project. They are sending the material with their own transportation & others transportation also. So that the cost material will be change by own transportation & others transportation, that's why am maintaining both details.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

For every type of material has a different cost and its vary by supplier.
  6. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

RaviKumar.K
    Why do You need those other than "Register Sheet"?
    You could get all other *Wise* sheets eg by Pivot-table.
    You need to make needed selections ... and 'that's all ...

Attached Files:

7. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

I need in printable format so thats why i need to maintain separately.

If it is possible with Pivot-table can you help me.
  8. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

RaviKumar.K
    You can print that same way as normally.
    You anyway cannot see more than one sheet in time.
    There is already sample of Pivot-table.
  9. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

Hi, :)

I don't need all the things in the print out.

I need a simple statement in a tabular form which contains supplier name & transporter name & type of material in numbers and its quantities that's it, for your reference tabular forms are enclosed ("Bill wise", "Day wise")

Attached Files:

10. vletm

vletm Excel Ninja

RaviKumar.K
    #7: I need in printable format so thats why i need to maintain separately.
    #9: I don't need all the things in the print out.
    > I need a simple statement in a tabular form which contains
    Both have own output, make needed selections '<<<<<'.

Attached Files:

Thomas Kuriakose likes this.
  11. RaviKumar.K

RaviKumar.K New Member

Hi,

Now am working on it, lets us see :)

Thanks for spending your precious time and thanks once again for sharing your knowledge :)