• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Matching spreadsheet

lyndsay

Hi,

I am a complete Excel beginner having previously only used relational databases and want to make a spreadsheet that will match mentors and mentees. I want to be able to put in a mentees gender, area they want mentoring on and perhaps a few other variables and for the database to throw out a selection of up to 5 possible matches that the mentee can then choose from. Currently there are only about 100 mentors and one spreadsheet with columns headed by topic and lists of mentors names under and another which you can look up the names and contact details of mentor on (attached but with data removed). I am looking for some help on where to start really. if anyone can point me to some good tutorials online and what I need to be looking up in order to create this (or if it's even possible?). And is it possible to create a form using excel that the mentee could fill in and produce the matches themselves or would I need to do it and email the results?

Thanks for any

Attachments

• Mentoring DB by topic data removed.xlsx
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
lyndsay
As a new member, You should reread Forum Rules

Back