• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Map

Hi Chandoo Experts,
I am trying to make a map of the states I've visited. I downloaded this map from a website and trying to substitute some of the data that I want in (Not sure how I am doing on that). I have the yes, no, maybe and soon in the states. I have the list changed to that to. I am having difficulty when I click on the choices it is not changing and the colors of the states are not changing. So, if you have the time can you look at this for me. I would really appreciate your help on this. Thanks Joe, from Michigan.

Attachments

• Heat Map.xlsm
    392.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Belleke,
Thank you so much for responding to my map project, you were the only one. What you did was amazing. Not sure if you can do this, but is there anyway that when you select the states that has "yes" in it that they only show up and put the rest of states as a grey out type format? If not this will do. Also, can you explain to me how you did this? I really appreciate what you did and I thank you for your time.

Hi Joseph,
your little project is fun.
Second version.
See attached.
To see the code, use Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor.
Right click on the form -> program code.

Attachments

• Heat Map (V2).xlsm
    255.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi Belleke,
That's cool you like that. I think WA and OR are backwards, can you fix that? I think I have another idea if you are game. Can you set it up so that when you select the state, the overview has facts of the state that you selected? If you can set it up I will do the research.

Hey Belleke,
I am sending you a link of the video where I got the idea for this.
. At the 1:35 mark of the video when he clicked on the republican it only showed the states of the republican side. That's what I would like to have shown when I click on Yes, No, Maybe, or Soon labels. Anyway, thanks again been very helpful.

That's cool Belleke, thanks for all your help. When I get the states researched I'll send you the final copy. How did you set this all up? I'm all right in excel, but I don't think I could have done this. How long did it take you?

Hi Belleke,
I put some information in the state facts section. Pretty cool when you click on the individual state and see it. I wanted to past the state flags in there but it wouldn't let me. Can you look at that situation for me? Anyway, if there are any other ideas that you can think of to improve this go ahead and make them but I think this might be the finished product. Thanks for all your help..

Attachments

• Heat Map (V3).xlsm
    275.5 KB · Views: 2
Back