• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Making a list out of only items with dynamic quantities

mr.titan

Hello, I am attempting to alter an excel document that I use at work. The document has a large list of parts and materials that may need to be used for any one job. Quite often, less than half on the materials and parts are required so I would like to have a separate sheet which only lists the items with quantities without needing to go in and alter the formula every time a job requires different materials. I have tried massive (=IF) functions with no luck. I am not sure how to proceed but any help is greatly appreciated.

I have attached a sample which requires the exact same treatment. I need to find a way to take the information from the middle chart to the 3rd chart automatically but only the "ingredients" that are required (more than a 0 qty), and be able to adjust the the first chart and the following charts correspond.

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 2
That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for your help. I have one additional question do you know of a way to only have the last the length of the ingredients? essentially reducing the size of the list based off the number of ingredients. Not sure if this is possible because it would effectively be adding and removing cells dynamically.

For it to work you would need to have Office 365 and probably monthly channel rather than semi-annual.
Any other version will return a #NAME? error.
I find it a pain that there is little prospect of the solutions I write being accessible anytime soon to anyone other than Office 365 users, but that's the way it is. I suppose I could always explore Google sheets :(

Back