• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Make data copy to multiple sheets and be editable

crgroening

I would like to be able to enter all the data into one spot and have it populate on the correct sheets. I would also like if you edit something in one of the sheets that it will edit it on all corresponding sheets. (Ex. If I change the status from Active to Done in the Keith tab, then I want it to update in the All Jobs tab and the Scott or Chris tab depending on what it says in PM.) Is this possible or am I making it more difficult than it is worth?

Thank you

Attachments

• PC Ex.xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 3
As here it's the Excel formula forum :​
  • select a destination cell
  • type = sign then select the source tab then select the source cell
  • hit enter
That's it !​

I would like to be able to enter all the data into one spot and have it populate on the correct sheets.
I've done this in the attached using advanced filter and vba code in the Thisworkbook code-module. There are comments in the code too. There are other ways to do the same thing, but I was messing about with the advanced filter. What happens is that each sheet is updated when you go to it (activate it). Any editing you do on the individual named sheets will be lost. By the way, you can safely delete the entire sheet's contents (not the All Jobs sheet), it will be restored the next time you go to it from another sheet. I've used cells N1:N2 on each sheet as the criteria range for advanced filter (they're briefly used during the update but cleared straight after), if this is a nuisance then another range can be used, even on a different sheet.
I would also like if you edit something in one of the sheets that it will edit it on all corresponding sheets. (Ex. If I change the status from Active to Done in the Keith tab, then I want it to update in the All Jobs tab and the Scott or Chris tab depending on what it says in PM.)
This is possible but quite convoluted and I'm not prepared to put the effort in.
Is this possible or am I making it more difficult than it is worth?
Probably more difficult that it's worth.

In the attached is another offering in sheet All Jobs (2). Here I've converted the table into a proper Excel Table and used slicers to allow you to filter it quite intuitively. You can also update this table manually. No other sheets are involved.

Attachments

• Chandoo41923PC Ex.xlsm
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
Back