• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Make a consolidated sheet by importing multiple files of same format, simlar data

Vpaul

I need help with making a consolidated workbook out of many xl files of same format and similar data

Context:
Individual files represent time spent on online classes per subject per day by a student.
In consolidated file, i want to have a dropdown for date cell and then i should get of list student name along with their time spent against subjects.

I got the idea of importing data from excel files (Getdata > from file ) but unable to connect the fields to that fulfil my requirement
Any suggestion on individual file format, ways to get things working would help.

Attachments

• StudentData.xlsx
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
May be i could explain my expectation bit further.
I have tried importing individual files using Query method but unable to connect them so that i could get a consolidated view (using power pivot).
hence trying to create my required consolidated view using vba.

so my real question is: Can we add / import files of same format and create a power pivot out of it.
(i referred many tutorials of power pivot- all of them deals with individual files of different data)

Back