• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to save word to PDF

nam_2020

Hi,

I have a macro that runs and creates a word document. I want the macro to also create the word document to PDF and if possible extract the last 4 pages of the PDF as a separate file. Im new to macro so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I tried using

Code:
ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=(Path & "\" & FirstName & "\" & LastName & " " & Date)
but doesnt work.

Last edited by a moderator:

vletm

Excel Ninja
nam_2020
What are values of Your Path, FirstName, LastName & Date?
If Your PathSeparator is \ ... then Your FileName would have PathSeparators,
which would mean that Your actual Filename would be LastName & " " & Date ...
Is there needed folders for that too?
... as well as ... Which format is Your Date?
... There are rules for Filename too.

nam_2020

Thanks for your response. Date format is ddmmyyyy for the files - the current macro setup creates a folder for each person and stores this word document there. PDF should also be in the same folder. You are correct - the file name is Lastname Firstname Docuementcreateddate Date.

The same macro that converted an excel worksheet to pdf had the command as below which is what I am just trying to modify to see if it works for word to pdf. I do not have macro experience so just trying by trial and error :(

ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=(Path & "\" & FirstName & "\" & LastName & " " & Date)

vletm

Excel Ninja
nam_2020
If Your PathSeparator is \ ... then Your Filename would be LastName & " " & Date ...
... and I'm 99% sure that You do not have folder which name is Firstname!

... and then You cannot create PDF! ... because no folder!
>>> modify those "\" to "|" or almost any other marks!