• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Macro to delete 3 rows, skip row, delete 3

Not sure what happened with the attached file in post 22, but you are right the file attached in post 15 is correct.

The only edit to that file is we need to delete the blank row at row 1.

Otherwise, that's the real data!!!

As mentioned the first few macro efforts retaining every 6th row worked fine on this short file. The problem occurs when you use it in the full 24,000 record file. Then the macros deleted all the unwanted rows, but retained just 1/3 of the desired records.

If someone can come up with something in excel basics thats fine too.

If it's permissible on this forum to upload the 24,000 record file, I can. It's only 292kb.. Possibly someone can let me know if that size file is ok to upload.

Don't be shy, just try ! (Oh that sounds like the next summer single !)
But according to post #15 attachment and as yet asked several times, attach at least the expected result workbook
as there are different ways but not working for each possible layout and as we are not on a mind readers forum …​

Not sure how to display it, but the macro that 1/3 worked, left me with 1279 rows, contain 1279 email addresses.

I'm just trying to end up with a simple list of email addresses only.

So this 6th way seems not to be the clever road, better result should come with an appropriate criteria.​
as I was just expecting to start from a so simple attachment of the result layout workbook you expect only according to post #15 …​

I'm trying hard to help you to help me. Really.

I've given all I have, and perhaps as a newbie here, don't know what is meant by, a ' result layout workbook.'.

All I have is a column of data in column A, containing an email address on every 6th row, as shown in the attachment to post 15.

When done I'm looking for a column of just emails only like:

Aaaaaa@aol.com
Bbbbbb@aol.com
Cccccc@you.com. Etc

If that won't convey what Im trying to do, I'll have to give up. Tks for trying though.

Another manual way just using an EZ Excel Basics : a filter !​
So just filter your column in order only the rows to delete are visible so the rows to keep must be hidden​
then select and delete then unfilter, that's all folks !​
Activating the Macro Recorder, you will get your own code base if really a code is needed, but I don't think so …​

Ok sounds good.

What filter would select rows 1,2,3,4,5 and hide 6, since they are all text?

As your rows # logic seems to fail (or restart after well read post #2), forget it and just think about what cells contain,​
what differs from rows to delete versus rows to keep, at least two obvious crirerias according to post #15 attachment …​
Must read reminders :​

Back