• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

MAC Excel 365 frustration any VBA macro help appreciated

letmein

I posted this in the general questions but perhaps others here can help me, I am currently running on a Mac with Excel from Office 365, and it seems they have removed the option of adding images to a Note you create from the Mac end. Does anyone know of any help or VBA macro I can utilize for the Mac to add back in my favorite ability to hover an image over a cell.

I utilize excel to create deficiency lists for construction projects and before I would make my reports such that images would hover/appear in what was a comment. But with the change to comments and notes, that right click ability to change a note to an image through customization has gone poof! Grrrrr

Thanks!

letmein
For some reason, You opened a new thread here instead to add more information for Your previous thread:

letmein
Could You write - how have You worked (with terms which Excel have)?
... then I could compare that with Excel 2019 (Mac-version).
Could You send a sample file, which has worked before?

I used to be wholly on Office/Excel 2016, but then our organization switch to newer Macs etc. and upgraded to 365. The process I would use before is essentially exactly the same as the screen capture I pulled offline, with me right clicking on a comment I had made and then following the steps to add a photo. I unfortunately working remotely now do not have access to the old archived files from our server only current ones. As you know Mac excel allows the inputing of comments or notes, it is this right click feature on a note that has disappeared. If there is a macro you know of or another way you could think of to achieve my hover effect for a photo this would a great help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.45.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 10.45.08 AM.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
The insert to put in a new comment or note are there, it's subsequent right click on the comment which has been changed it no longer has options to format the comment as before. Apparently it has disappeared from the Mac perspective but still shows for the PC with 365

Here one more link:

... I have notice for me many 'missing' features, which I have used to use with previous Mac-version.
Some of those are like 'mistakes' into Excel, some of those I have solved ... some not.
You should try to find out other way to do this Your feature.

Yes it appears by the support thread from MS this is now no longer available. Perhaps someone will come up with a macro for letting me do this again.

Back