• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Lookup (unique and duplicated values) from Multiple worksheets and return sheet name

vletm

Excel Ninja
shili12
Where comes those 'yellow'-cells values?
... has three columns Date, particulars, Amount
If You mean something like above 'text' then ... no clear!
Samples should be as clear as You're using ... if You would like to get replies.

shili12

shili12
Where comes those 'yellow'-cells values?
... has three columns Date, particulars, Amount
If You mean something like above 'text' then ... no clear!
Samples should be as clear as You're using ... if You would like to get replies.
The yellow are the worksheet names , the worksheets are like ,
see attachment for clarification:-
An analogy would be , go to worksheet, right click, select all sheets, then Find (ctrl +F) to find the variance in "Branch to query" amongst all the worksheets , there is one worksheet out all of all those which has five columns as its transaction by mobile money, the rest have been simplified to remain as 3.
only that i need to find out which worksheet/s (and cell reference) the variance emanates from.

Attachments

vletm

Excel Ninja
shili12
Yes ... now there could find those numbers
and You could get replies.
Are those header same in every worksheet or is there more variations than those two?
or
Are those headers columns always 3rd - except 4th in MPESA?

shili12

shili12
Yes ... now there could find those numbers
and You could get replies.
Are those header same in every worksheet or is there more variations than those two?
or
Are those headers columns always 3rd - except 4th in MPESA?
yes, all header columns are same except for MPESA which has five only (as its mobile money transfer not a bank), i streamlined and kept relevant info only.

shili12

Thanks for the VBA macro , much obliged, this will help my 2 colleagues and me in the office alot & I thank you on their behalf, we are behind schedule, as it is. And as for the dates, i will have to take a long cut and alter them one by one.

@vletm

Last edited:

vletm

Excel Ninja
shili12
Still thinking ...
a) Those 'yellow' solution values ... hmm?
... maybe You would like to go and see those values in other sheets ... hmm?
>> click wanted solution value and ... You'll see it at once
>> ... and back ... by selecting more than one cell

b) [ Date ]-sensitive
... select that D1 [ DATE ]
... it will change status ... if green then [ Solve ] is 'date-sensitive' otherwise no!
>> Click [ Solve ]-button to refresh solutions

Attachments

shili12

@vletm
Thanks, it takes me directly to the worksheet cell for me to discern the date.
Makes life easier too , the head cashier overlooking the rest of the branch cashiers got a stern warning, as i made a report she was not doing her task up to expectation. They justified her action(or inaction)on grounds of implementing a newer ERP system and her apparent age of "being a baby boomer."
Meanwhile the entire weekend i have been posting every branch on "BranchtoQuery" worksheet and taking corrective action on ERP of which i have privileges to alter !! I will make use of the modified macro. I hope MrExcel Thread guys learn it from here too.

Last edited: