• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Lookup from several columns and result

I want to use lookup formula to return the "pick up date" by using "PO number" as reference.

Data source is like below, several"PO number"has same "pick up date ". This is recorded by our transportation forwarder.

And I want to get the result in another list for power BI purpose, below in red word is my expected result. I tried Vlookup and index match, all failed because some of the cells are empty and sometimes the lookup column is not in first column of searching array.

Can some one help to find a formula to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.xlsx
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
Hi:

I want more information on this:

Are you looking it based on only column A?
What is the relevance of columns B,C &D?
Which Pickup date you want to look up if 1 PO is having multiple pick dates?
could you fill in expected results for couple more PO numbers?

Thanks

Hi:

I want more information on this:

Are you looking it based on only column A?
What is the relevance of columns B,C &D?
Which Pickup date you want to look up if 1 PO is having multiple pick dates?
could you fill in expected results for couple more PO numbers?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
Column A, B, C and D are same level, they are all PO numbers sharing same pick up date.
I am looking it based on A, B, C, and D, some times my result PO appears in A, sometimes in B, and ...
if multiple pick up dates, I want the latest pick up date.

thanks for your quick reply and help.

Attachments

• 2.xlsx
    10.9 KB · Views: 0
Formula solution

1] In sheet2 B2 formula copied down :

=IF($A2="","",INDEX(Sheet1!$E$1:$E$100,AGGREGATE(14,6,ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)/(Sheet1!$A$1:$D$100=$A2),1)))

2] For testing purpose, I added a duplicate PO in Sheet1 D25, and returned the latest pick up date of "22/09/2016".

Regards
Bosco

Attachments

• PickUpDate.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 4
Formula solution

1] In sheet2 B2 formula copied down :

=IF($A2="","",INDEX(Sheet1!$E$1:$E$100,AGGREGATE(14,6,ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100)/(Sheet1!$A$1:$D$100=$A2),1)))

2] For testing purpose, I added a duplicate PO in Sheet1 D25, and returned the latest pick up date of "22/09/2016".

Regards
Bosco

Hello,
I tried in my final report using your formula. some problem happen.

My formula is IF($A2="","",INDEX('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$E$10000,AGGREGATE(14,6,ROW('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$E$10000)/('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$L$10000=$A2),1)))

The difference between my formal report and template I copied for help is:
In template source data PO.. are in column A ~column D, but in formal report they are listed from column E to column L (extracting from text in Column D using formula mid).

1] Without seeing your actual file, it is difficult to find the reason of error causing.

But, as per described, I guess the mistakes maybe caused by the extracting formulae (MID) used in Column E to Column L

2] As per your attached file in Post #.1, your formula In Column D to extract data from Column D
>> =IF(ISBLANK(LEFT(C2,13)),0,LEFT(C2,13))

Basically, it is a non-robust formula, and easy caused mistakes in difference text length

3] The other reason is in the Post #.6 used AGGREGATE function which is introduced since Excel 2010, Excel 2007 and below is not available of this function.

Regards
Bosco

Last edited:
Hello,
I tried in my final report using your formula. some problem happen.
View attachment 59410

My formula is IF($A2="","",INDEX('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$E$10000,AGGREGATE(14,6,ROW('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$E$10000)/('C:\Users\fangyuan.liu\Desktop\CWEC备份-20190220\CWEC\000-产假后\Weekly availability review\Daily check\Data\[Logistic report.xlsx]Sheet1'!$E$1:$L$10000=$A2),1)))

The difference between my formal report and template I copied for help is:
In template source data PO.. are in column A ~column D, but in formal report they are listed from column E to column L (extracting from text in Column D using formula mid).

View attachment 59411
1] Without seeing your actual file, it is difficult to find the reason of error causing.

But, as per described, I guess the mistakes maybe caused by the extracting formulae (MID) used in Column E to Column L

2] As per your attached file in Post #.1, your formula In Column D to extract data from Column D

Basically, it is a non-robust formula, and easy caused mistakes in difference text length

3] The other reason is in the Post #.6 used AGGREGATE function which is introduced since Excel 2010, Excel 2007

3] The other reason is in the Post #.6 used AGGREGATE function which is introduced since Excel 2010, Excel 2007 and below is not available of this function.

Regards
Bosco

Hello,
Now I attached the actual file by deleting some information. please help to check and resolve.

Data source is in logistic report excel, below circled are "PO" and "pick up date"

Result file is purchaseorder excel, Column A is the "PO", sorry that the title in Chinese. and after lookup, I want the corresponding pick up date is returned to column AO in this excel.

Attachments

• 1554966664634.png
    1554966664634.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1554967081229.png
    1554967081229.png
    4 KB · Views: 3
  • Logistic report.xlsx
    262.4 KB · Views: 2
As per your attached file, your Lookup list criteria does not match with the Source data list, please take a look below picture :

Regards
Bosco

As per your attached file, your Lookup list criteria does not match with the Source data list, please take a look below picture :

View attachment 59428

Regards
Bosco

Hello,
Sorry for the mistake, because of the actual file is too large, not allow me to upload. So I delete most and reserve only several row resulting in the criteria not match.

Now I prepare a new one, please help to check.

Attachments

• PurchaseOrder1.xlsx
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Logistic report.xlsx
    260.7 KB · Views: 1
Back