• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Lookup first two columns in Book1 and Match the corresponding Cluster in the second tab??

Madhuri_G

Can you please solve this scenario?? Attached the spreadsheet. Here postal codes are same but cities are different and clusters too.. We need to match exact scenario Please have a look and help me please

Attachments

• lookup and match.xlsx
    10.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes exactly, thank you cyliyu :) make sense !
1] In post #.2 D2, formula :

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(1,INDEX(($A2=Sheet1!$A:$A)*($B2=Sheet1!$B:$B),0),0)),"No Data Found")

Don't used whole column reference (highlighted red), it is one million cells per column, too much cells calculation will cause your computer speed slowing down.

2] Use limited cell range, and in D2, formula copied down:

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!$D$1:$D$500,MATCH(1,INDEX(($A2=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$500)*($B2=Sheet1!$B$1:$B$500),0),0)),"No Data Found")

Regards
Bosco

Last edited:
@cyliyu , @bosco_yip

The formula didnt worked for me,, all the data is coming as "Not found",Is there something wrong with my formula?? I have attached the file, the first sheet has 'accounts' tab- The column "S" & "T" of accounts sheet should match with "A" and "B" of Sheet2.. If matches then display column "D" over to accounts formula tab "AK" highlted..

Please help??

Attachments

• INDEX formula.xlsx
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
Please see attach.
The Postal City in Sheet2 have an additional space. .e.g. "SEDDON " is not the same as "SEDDON"

Attachments

• Copy of INDEX formula.xlsx
    57 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Can you please solve this scenario?? Attached the spreadsheet. Here postal codes are same but cities are different and clusters too.. We need to match exact scenario Please have a look and help me please

Please copy it in D2 cell and drag down to see matching cluster details:

=IF(Sheet1!A2&Sheet1!B2=A2&B2,Sheet1!D2,"")

Back