1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Lookup/cross reference formula help needed

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by Matthew Baumann, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Matthew Baumann

Matthew Baumann New Member

I am trying to find a way to look up any matches of part numbers in 2 sheets and then return any of the corresponding matches on a single line. At the moment it's only returning the first match found.
    The attached picture shows what I have and what I'm looking to achieve - a way to put all the results from the Find function on another tab (same sheet) into the cells highlighted.
    When I look at array formulas I start to get lost pretty quickly so any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

If you can upload your workbook it would help.

Otherwise , to return multiple results , which VLOOKUP cannot do , one way would be to use the INDEX and SMALL combination.

Look up this blog post to understand how this works :

https://chandoo.org/wp/2011/11/18/formula-forensics-003/

Narayan
    Thomas Kuriakose likes this.