• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Looking for a formula that will display the name of the employee available on the selected date and time.

Zee996

Hi,

I am working on shifting scheduling data.
I have created a drop-down for the date and time.

Now, what I need help with is
- Whenever I select the date and time(from the drop-down) the total number of employees available with their name shows up.

Is this possible?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Shift Schedule - Project.xlsx
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
find attached my gimp way of doing this. I am sure there's a better way by defining each day as a specific table and then running a pivot based on the day of the week for the definition of the table, etc. But this is my rudimentary solution. If you need an explanation let me know.

Attachments

• Shift Schedule - Project.xlsx
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
Since your scheduling is by week and not in one table with the date, but broken up, I had to define the ranges for the lookup
After this using the UNIQUE / FILTER / INDIRECT / COUNTA functions I was able to make your list and finally using a simple concatenate function put the names separated by commas... I believe there's a way to concatenate a transposed column into the row, but I couldn't get that to work so did it the old fashioned way with helper columns

Your file caused my pc to report a virus threat.
I checked out the file in a quarantined environment. There's no VBA in the file, and then I also perused the XML code. File only has two sheets, and everything checks out there. Not sure what was causing your machine to flag; but sounds like a false positive like you linked.

Back