• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Locking row by criteria in cell

OrhanTAGH

Hi guys, I have project data file in which I want to lock row which is completed. I created tasks list in column L. In this list I have 6 option (pending,purchased,done,canceled,used,accepted). I want that, when I'm clicking this 5 option excepting "pending", row needs to be locked. if I want to change anything in this row I have to change option list to "pending". I want it happen in the sheet named "Project Tasks"

sorry but its not working (( and I cant see the VBA macros becuase of password

those merged cells will not be in the future I will edit them to one

1) It won't and cannot lock then whole row! ... or You cannot make new selection!

... hmm? ...
if You don't use it ... how do You think that something would work?

... and of course Marcos have to be enabled!

formula working but it lockes "pending" but I need lock other ones not in "pending".. In pending option I want to change but in others they need to be lock.. you did it reverse ..

and is it possible that when I inputing new data its going to be automatically doing this

That's why the 1st version ... now the 2nd version - works opposite!

NOTE: NO MERGED CELLS!
those won't work at all!

password ... it's Yours Chandoo username.

Attachments

• Daily Work Log 2017.zip
    304.6 KB · Views: 8
great dude this is working perfectly )) can we do this process automatically when I input new row data?

It depends how do You input new row ...
if column 'L'-value would change in new row
... it would work
... You should test to input new row
and
remember that my note:
NO MERGED CELLS AT ALL!

When Im writing new row and choosing for example "purchased" its not doing it locked... is it possible that when Im choosing this options it will automatically affect to the input

L-column's [Un]Locking works AFTER stop editing that cell! (= normally by ENTER)
... not while editing ... if You 'just select' ... then it's still in editing mode.
(and after Locking ... M-column will also be locked :) )

All perfect just need automatically continue of this ... or any button which will continue this process

Last edited:
... okay ...
1) You'll activate that rows cell [L134]
2) Select from dropdown needed option
3) PRESS <ENTER>

... depends You selection
that rows cells ACT like locked or not!
Did You tried to select any cell from row 135 after that?
>> Here it works ...

I did I went to the row 135 and choose option with enter button and nothing happen still can edit that row

Back