• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Little Changes in Formula

HSAR

I have added a sheet where requested to change the formula in Yellow highlighted shape.

There should not be extra things in formula such as "*" "-"

Please help in this regard.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    44 KB · Views: 8
Yeah please, I have tried it by my own but was unable to find a way to do such changes.

Actually i don't want these extra stars ** in formula star * means next date output.

There should not be stars * if cells are empty

If Ahmer taken 2 leaves in a month then it seems like
Ahmer => Absent - 01/01/20 - Wednesday - N I * Late - 01/05/20 - Wednesday

If he has taken 3 then it seems like
Ahmer => Absent - 01/01/20 - Wednesday - N I * Late - 01/05/20 - Wednesday * Late - 01/11/20 - Wednesday

If he has taken 4 adjustments
Ahmer => Absent - 01/01/20 - Wednesday - N I * Late - 01/05/20 - Wednesday * Late - 01/11/20 - Wednesday - * Late - 01/14/20 - Wednesday

it should not seems like this
Ahmer => Absent - 01/01/20 - Wednesday - N I * * * * Late - 01/05/20 - Wednesday - * * * * * * Late - 01/11/20 - Wednesday - * * * Late - 01/14/20 - Wednesday - * * * Leave - 01/17/20 - Wednesday - * * * * * * * * * * * *

HSAR
... clear

Check this sample ...
... press [ ReFresh ]-button to see something

Attachments

• Book1.xlsb
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
Its really extra ordinary.

Thank you so much.

If i would request to add more than 15 people then how to modify the code. as in below sheet

Attachments

• Book56.xlsx
    108.3 KB · Views: 6
HSAR
You should write those 'minor details' with Your original writing ...
Something like this ... for 15 people.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsb
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
vletm

Hi i hope you are doing great, I would like to request that i am using this code since you made but know i want to understand this code would you please add comments in VBA code section that which line does what.

HSAR
Question: How many years experience do You have with coding VBA?
If You do not have experience of coding VBA, then You should try to study it eg from these pages
https://chandoo.org/wp/vba-classes/
or You would run that code line-by-line and see - what is going on ...
That way, You could understand that code.

HSAR
Did You read those last to lines?
You would run that code line-by-line and see - what is going on ...
That way, You could understand that code.

To generate a summary for multiple people (ref #7) the named ranges 'Name', 'In', Out' and 'Comment' each are changed to be column relative e.g.
=Data!C$3:C$33
rather than
=Data!$C$3:$C$33
If the staff each had a separate sheet then local names would have had to be replicated for each sheet.

Back