• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

List people with the birthdays this week

archanair

I am trying to create a dashboard and want the list of people who have their birthdays today displayed there.This should help me to see the list and go ahead and wish them.

Sheet 1 has the complete data of folks with their names and date of birth.
Sheet 2, the dashboard should display the list of people with birthdays as of today.

Please help here !

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-29 003128.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-29 003128.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
archanair
You should able to send a sample Excel file,
which has some sample data as Your normal Excel-file.
As well as a sample of expected dashboard.
What is connection with Your attachment picture and those Sheets?

I am attaching the sample excel file . Sheet US_INDIA Employees has the complete dataset where columns AC,AD has birthdates for all. In the dashboard tab, I want the names of the employees whose birthdate is today to be listed down in column N.
I am working on google sheets and hence the downloaded excel file has some formatting issues.

hope this clarifies.

Attachments

• Employee Master Data (40).xlsx
    439.1 KB · Views: 12
archanair
# Your sample data has two birthdays (May and July).
... even some sample data should match with Your want ( with today ).
# You're working with ... something else than Excel
... Have You tried to find solution from those Forums?
... if someone will offer Excel-solution, should it work with Your normal file?

I am working on google sheets and it should work. Yes sample data I have placed two records only. Basically my need is the dashboard is supposed to be live as on date. So when I open my dashboard today all the birthdays for today should be listed in my dashboard for me to refer.

archanair
# If I would do a VBA-solution ... would it work too?
It would work with an Excel-file.
Should I have positive image that it would work with Google sheet too?
or
You could modify my solution for Google Sheet use?
or
Someone else would give solution which works with Excel 365?
... that's why I asked some questions - did You notice those?
# How would someone verify that Your data works, if there are none possible results?
... of course, by adding more data.
# You're asking something like How to boil eggs ... but ... Your plan is to make a birthday cake.

Wow! I am so desperate now for a solution that I missed the depth of the question. If you can help me with a formula that should work in google sheet thats something I am looking for. What I was thinking is if I get an idea of how it works in excel may be I try modifying it and seeing.I have quite some bit like this in dashboard where based on the inputs in the dashboard I need to be able to retrieve a list from the master sheet.

Can I please start this conversation from where it died off? I have moved this whole activity to an excel sheet now.I hope this question will become relevant now on this excel forum.I really need help here to get this moving .I would really appreciate if you can help me here.Thank You .

archanair
Here one Excel sample.
Your wish of period has varied.
You could select periods with cells O3 & P3.
Note. I had to add one test row there.

Attachments

• Employee Master Data.xlsb
    264 KB · Views: 14
In single cell N4:
=FILTER('US_India Employees'!I2:I3,TEXT('US_India Employees'!AC2:AC3,"dd/mm")=TEXT(TODAY(),"dd/mm"),"No birthdays today")
should give you a list. I don't know if your locale understands "dd/mm", it's day and month.

Back