• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Linking Pivot and excel table slicers

Nidhi07

I have two slicers based on same data. One is a pivot table slicer and the other is normal excel table slicer. How can I link both the slicers? The objective is to slice and dice the raw data depending on the slicer filters. Already have pivot charts linked to the slicer, now need to filter the excel table. Attaching a simpler version. My final data has multiple slicers.

Attachments

• Query.xlsx
    24.4 KB · Views: 1
Short answer. You can't.

Table Slicer and Pivot Slicer use different object model and have different underlying cache.

You can use VBA, but this is not something easy to maintain and make sure all edge cases are handled.

There are other ways to simulate something similar (ex. Add classic pivot with only row labels, with repeating values. Then link that with your other pivot table).

Short answer. You can't.

Table Slicer and Pivot Slicer use different object model and have different underlying cache.

You can use VBA, but this is not something easy to maintain and make sure all edge cases are handled.

There are other ways to simulate something similar (ex. Add classic pivot with only row labels, with repeating values. Then link that with your other pivot table).
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

Classic pivot is not giving me the desired format as my data has multiple blanks (difficult to differentiate whether the blank is driven by data or pivot format). Can someone help me with vba code to link the table and pivot slicers?

How did you set up Classic Pivot layout?

I'd recommend uploading sample workbook that's more representative of your actual set up and underlying data structure.

This is the sample data. Ideally the format of the table in sheet "Pivot" should be similar to the table in "RawData" so that the user can see filtered data as per slicer selection (in sheet "Slicers").

Attachments

• Data Sample.xlsx
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm assuming that you want something like attached in Pivot.

In Design ribbon tool. Make sure that you select "Repeat All Item Labels" and remove all subtotals.

Then for each column where you see (blank) replace them with single space character (as Pivot Item Label can't be true blank).

Then in PivotTable Analyze tab, toggle +/- Buttons.

Attachments

• Data Sample.xlsx
    97.1 KB · Views: 3
I'm assuming that you want something like attached in Pivot.

In Design ribbon tool. Make sure that you select "Repeat All Item Labels" and remove all subtotals.

Then for each column where you see (blank) replace them with single space character (as Pivot Item Label can't be true blank).

Then in PivotTable Analyze tab, toggle +/- Buttons.
Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Back