• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Link update from different identical files

Greetings!!

In a folder there are 12 excel files with identical columns and rows. Into another Summary file I have to get data from each of these files i.e 12 files to the Summary file in an identical manner.
I have to manually open each file to set the link into summary file. Is there any short way to accomplish the same

Regards
Neeraj Kumar Agarwal

neeraj2050
Way 1)
1) Create ONE link to any of those 12 files.
2) Use previous link to create (and modify) other links.
Way 2)
Do marco which would get needed values from those 12 files.

Hi !
Is there any short way to accomplish the same
No directly under Excel …

But you can activate Macro recorder before operating manually :
you will get your own free code base !

For any question about a code, see in appropriate VBA section
as here it's the Excel section (formulas, inner features, …).

Use PowerQuery if you have access to it. Or use MS Query if not.

Especially when using PowerQuery, you can merge/append all files in a folder into single table and will update itself when refreshed with either new files added or changes to existing files (provided structure remains consistent).

MS Query requires bit more maintenance, and initial set up requires some knowledge of SQL query statements.

I have 12 excel files and all the 12 files will be updated through one source file i.e File"A".

Manually I have to open each file and update with source file. All I want to update all the 12 files with File"A" without open these 12 files

Upload sample workbooks. Source and destination(s). As well as clearly indicate what information needs to be pushed where.

Sir, my request which have been discarded considering duplicate is not at all duplicate. Request you to please revisit the same

Back