1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Jump directly to linked cell in a formula

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by Chetan, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Chetan

Chetan New Member

Dear Excel Savvy,

I have a Excel workbook with multiple worksheets in it.

And one worksheet named as “Summary”. In this Summary sheet all other worksheets are linked with formula. Ex. =Calc!F16.

Now the problem is, can I jump directly to the Cell in calc sheet from where the value in Summary sheet is being calculated.

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chetan
  2. Smallman

Smallman Excel Ninja

Hi Chetan

It is a bit long winded but I click on Formula - Trace Precedents - then click OK and it jumps to the sheet and cell which the formula references.

Take care

Smallman
  3. Debraj

Debraj Excel Ninja

Just a side note..

Ctrl + [ - > Trace Precedent..
    Ctrl + ] - > Trace Dependent..

Ctrl + Shift + [ - > Trace Precedent.. All Levels
    Ctrl + Shift + ] - > Trace Dependent.. All Levels
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  4. oldchippy

oldchippy Active Member

Hi Chetan,

Another alternative is to go to Excel Options > Advanced and deselect "Allow editing directly in cells", then when you double-click your formula in your Summary Sheet you automatically jump to cell F16 on the Calc sheet.
  5. Chetan

Chetan New Member

6. Varun Gupta

Varun Gupta New Member

HI

while CTRL + [ takes you to the first link in formula is there a way to navigate to 2nd link as well. For example if my formula is A2+Sheet2!A1, it will take me to A2 cell but then how do i move to Sheet2!A1?

Any way out?