• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Is this Task too Hard for Solution?

MEGGAABLE

Hello Guru in the House,
I am a basic excel user aspiring to go advance, but I am facing a kind of big issue(since I have little knowledge now) over this particular excel template for School Report Card. The thing is, the Project was made free to download and I found it suitable for my Project but the Subject lists cannot go more than twelve. I have tried as much as I could to increase the List but all to no avail. I will be very glad and Appreciate if I can be assisted with this task. I have the file Uploaded. Thanks.

Attachments

• REPORTCARDFORONLINEFORUM.xlsx
    334.4 KB · Views: 14
Dear vletm, I am very glad for your kind gesture, also thank you for your time taking to solve my problem,I really appreciate it. The Subject list is now increased but it has affected some value in some cells. If you check very well and compare with the original file I sent, you will see that the next line after the first twelfth subject is not generating value as expected,instead it throw up "#VALUE". Kindly observe the following sheet...Class_view, Subject_view, Student_view ... I know you did not notice. Please help look into it, I have attached the file. Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• REPORTCARDnew.xlsx
    358.6 KB · Views: 7
Dear vletm, I am very glad for your kind gesture, also thank you for your time taking to solve my problem,I really appreciate it. The Subject list is now increased but it has affected some value in some cells. If you check very well and compare with the original file I sent, you will see that the next line after the first twelfth subject is not generating value as expected,instead it throw up "#VALUE". Kindly observe the following sheet...Class_view, Subject_view, Student_view ... I know you did not notice. Please help look into it, I have attached the file. Thanks in anticipation.

MEGGAABLE,
Looks like there is a hidden sheet named Help.

Yes, There is...What do you suggest I do about the particular sheet bro? Could #VALUE problem be from there?

MEGGAABLE
As I wrote:
never tested this kind of before ...
... and I won't ever test!
Someone has had a lot of time to copy&paste 'some formulas' everywhere.
I cannot figure why ...
I won't have time to dig that ... should I write 'sorry'?

Okay thank you very much...But if i may ask can you build a good one for me? That is flexible and user friendly. Let me know what it will take. If not mind we can chat on whatsapps Thanks.

Let me know what it will take. ...
I have not made any plans ...
but if I write eg
You would need to write exact Your needs ... exact means exact!
... after that ...
It would take about 48hrs (or more) with coding,
plus 3-4 times more testing for You...

MEGGAABLE
Did You read my previous reply?
> fourth line?
have You written those already?​
> last two lines?
just now, I won't have time to work with this kind of case over 48hrs​
> I don't have/use whatsapp.​

MEGGAABLE
I reread third time my #8 reply:
below copy of it ...
You would need to write exact Your needs ... exact means exact!
... after that ...
It would take about 48hrs (or more) with coding,
plus 3-4 times more testing for You...

1) Have You ever worked with or without breaks 48hrs?
Have You?
2) As I've written twice...
Have You written exact Your needs?
3) Would You be ready to test 'it' ~150-200hrs?

... also #10 reply has line
as below

I won't have time to work with this kind of case over 48hrs

Expecting:
You should ... read others replies ...
and at least to be ready for Your part of this.

Next:You could try to ask more information from that place You downloaded Your file.

You my needs is to make the Report card function the original way it's except for the Subject list to get increased with and that's all. I understand that you couldn't debug the problem further, you have tried up to your level of knowledge..i really appreciate you.

MEGGAABLE ...
Sorry, but You missed some of my questions ...

There is none 'problem' ...
Sometime there are challenges to dig others functions or code.

You could also solve that Your challenge Yourself, but it would take more time ...
All matter is time ... time ... time ...
How to use those 24/7 the best way.

Did You try that 'Next'-hint?

Well, I have search to the best of my ability seems none have same issue ...That's why I had to look in this forum, then you show up....I was glad my problem is solved.;)

Nobody has done the file...You did the increment on the Subject list and it got some sheet affected on their Value being giving #VALUE. I thought you will be able to fix it out.

ReCheck Your the 1st writing ...
You uploaded file here ... Didn't You?
You have downloaded it somewhere ... haven't You?
Somewhere there should be someone who has done that file.

The author who Uploaded the file said he is too busy that he cannot edit the Project for now. But wait if I may ask...Can you design a something similar to this Project?

... yes ... I notice that You haven't read my replies!
You could reread those from #8,
continue with same kind of replies: #10,#12 & # 14.

You wrote: But wait if I may ask...Can you design a something similar to this Project?
.... then You've had already an answer to Your previous question.
Take care.

Back