• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

is this a LOOKUP related doubt?

djayv8

Hi everybody i have a doubt.. Kindly pls help. normally we use look up considering all the data in the whole of a cell. now i have a single cell consisting of binary nos. eg,11001100. can i use look up for every single bit(digit) in the cell. For eg if the first bit is 0 then it should be "fixed lenght" if it is 1 then "variable length". like wise for all the 8 digit. or is there any other formula for this type of condition..

thanks and Regards

DJV

If each bit in the number determines the status of something then you should have a table of values vs properties, which you can lookup as a whole or

Easiest way is to strip the left hand bits to the bits you want and then do a simple > or < operation.

ie: If 4th Bit represents Bold the Bin2Dec value will be >=8 if the 4th bit is set or <8 if it isn't etc

Unless you have a master table for all those numbers, a vlookup might now do it. Although, if you do, sure!

Maybe, do it with if(mid,2,1=0,whatever,whatever)?

Back