• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert tick box in formulas

Tom22

Hi Guys,

I got some very interesting file from some where, they have inserted tick box in formulas itself.

I tried but not able to find out what trick they have used.

It goes like, =if(N8>100,tick mark box,blank box)

I have attached the sample sheet.

Can any one help me to find out?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Test sheet.xls
    28 KB · Views: 16
First thing to note is that that cell's font is Wingdings.
2nd, if you take a blank cell, then in your Excel 2003 go to Insert|Symbol... , make sure the Symbols tab is active, then choose WingDings in the Font: dropdown, then the second to last symbol in the bigger window (code 254) is the tick in a box symbol. Insert it into the cell, insert a blank box while you're at it (code 111). You'll be able to cut and paste individual characters into the formula (don't forget to enclose them in double-quote marks).
You could also try
Code:
=IF(M3<100,CHAR(111),CHAR(254))
but remember to set the font of the cell to Wingdings.

Sir/Ma'am/Binary p45cal "PROPS"
Thx for the insight. Holds true to 2016

To Sir/Ma'am/Binary Tom22 If you are just asking how this was done I believe that it is answered. But to be honest, beyond this; I'd love to know if that file has VBA behind which code was used OR if you just executed malicious code by opening it. I am afraid to open an XLS from this site. The beginners guide didn't talk to their safeguards for files or I missed it.

Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd, if you take a blank cell, then in your Excel 2003 go to Insert|Symbol... , make sure the Symbols tab is active, then choose WingDings in the Font: dropdown, then the second to last symbol in the bigger window (code 254) is the tick in a box symbol. Insert it into the cell, insert a blank box while you're at it (code 111). You'll be able to cut and paste individual characters into the formula (don't forget to enclose them in double-quote marks).
You could also try
Code:
I see we agree

You could also try
Code:
Hi,
I tried to what you have mentioned above but not getting desired result.
In attached file,I got the signs in Cell F9 n Cell F11 and then I copy and paste them in cellF6 in the formula but instead of signs , it is showing "p".
File attached.
Thanks

Attachments

• Test file 1.xlsx
    9.9 KB · Views: 4
Back