• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Insert elbow arrow connector

I am having trouble with the elbow arrow connector. I have everything is the right place, but I just want to change the orientation of the arrow from up to right without altering the preceding lines.

How can I change only the direction of the arrowhead?

In the attached file see the arrowhead in the highlighted yellow box. I want it to point right towards the box that defines what an account is.

Attachments

• Elbow Arrow Connector.xlsx
    37.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi ,

See the file. Click on the connector , and then change the height and width using the spinners in the Format menu section.

Narayan

Attachments

• Elbow Arrow Connector.xlsx
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

See the file. Click on the connector , and then change the height and width using the spinners in the Format menu section.

Narayan

I tried your suggestion. I was able to change the height and width, but the orientation of the arrow is still pointing up. I can't get it to point right like you have in your attached file.

Hi ,

I forgot to mention that changing the orientation is to be done first ; if you select the connector , and drag it around , it keeps changing its orientation as you move the mouse around. Once you have the orientation , the connector end will not be in the right place ; this is when you can use the method posted earlier to bring the connector end to its desired place.

Narayan

Hi ,

I forgot to mention that changing the orientation is to be done first ; if you select the connector , and drag it around , it keeps changing its orientation as you move the mouse around. Once you have the orientation , the connector end will not be in the right place ; this is when you can use the method posted earlier to bring the connector end to its desired place.

Narayan

I tried but I just can't get it.

Hi ,

I have uploaded an example workbook , which has 3 elbow arrow connectors of different sizes ; I have made the height the same as the width for all 3 connectors.

This is the tipping point ; click on any one connector , and then click on the Drawing Tools Format tab ; you will see the height and width of the selected connector in the Size section.

Now if you click on the arrow head , and increase the width slightly , so that it is more than the height , the orientation of the connector will change ; bring it back in so that the width is either equal or slightly less than the height ; the orientation will revert to its original one.

Narayan

Attachments

• Elbow_Arrow_Connector_Example.xlsx
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi ,

I have uploaded an example workbook , which has 3 elbow arrow connectors of different sizes ; I have made the height the same as the width for all 3 connectors.

This is the tipping point ; click on any one connector , and then click on the Drawing Tools Format tab ; you will see the height and width of the selected connector in the Size section.

Now if you click on the arrow head , and increase the width slightly , so that it is more than the height , the orientation of the connector will change ; bring it back in so that the width is either equal or slightly less than the height ; the orientation will revert to its original one.

Narayan

Ok now I've got it. Thank you sir.

Back